WIABE Invites Bilingual Students in Wisconsin to participate in our statewide writing contest!
Our theme this is year is: Many Cultures, Many Languages Shape our Future.
Click Here to download the participation form and learn more about this great opportunity.
Winners will receive their award, $100 cash prize, a one-night stay at the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells and will be recognized during the 2018 WIABE Conference.
If you have any questions please contact Dr. Kathy Henn-Reinke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email all entries to email@example.com by Friday February 9th, 2018.
WIABE is proud to announce the
2017 Student Writing Contest Winners:
- Winner for the Elementary Category: Yareni Cruz, 4th grade, S.C. Johnson Elementary School, Racine Unified School District
- Winner for the Middle School Category: Bianey Calixto-Dominguez, 8th grade, La Causa Charter School, MPS
- Winner for the High School Category: Zing Tha, 9th Grade, South Division High School, MPS
All winners were recognized during the 2017 WIABE conference on Saturday, April 20, 2017
WIABE is proud to announce the 2016 WIABE Student Writing Contest Winners! Winners will receive their award and prize during the 2016 WIABE conference.
- Elementary School Category: Maria Vargas, 3rd Grade, Greenland Elementary School- Oconomowoc School District
- Middle School Category: Jimena Santacruz, 6th Grade, Wedgewood International Park, Milwaukee Public Schools
- High School Category: Paola Virella, South Division High School, Milwaukee Public Schools
2016 Winners: Maria Vargas, Jimena Santacruz, and Paola Virella